See below for the archived entry form, used by exhibitors to enter the awards in 2024.
The list of award winners can be seen here.
ENTER NOW FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO PUT YOUR PRODUCTS AT THE FOREFRONT OF THE SHOW!
- All entries stylishly displayed within the specially created Slide & OTS Winter Awards display area at the show
- Entries viewed and judged from a selection of visiting retailers, media, and industry opinion-leaders providing a spotlight on your product and brand
- Winners receive a prestigious award at a dedicated winners’ announcement in front of industry peers
- Award winner logo provided to winners to use in their own product promotion, POS and marketing
- Winning products will be announced on the show’s website and social media channels providing a product spotlight
- Press release and images of winning products distributed to consumer media to encourage consumer facing coverage
- Raise product and brand credibility
- Press releases and announcements on various social channels including SIGB and Slide Linkedin and Facebook pages for the winners from each category
- Further opportunity to attract valuable PR exposure in a range of publications and websites in the Autumn, as the crucial sell-through begins
The categories are:
- Snowsports Hardware (skis, boards of all types, boots, bindings, poles, footwear, etc)
- Outdoor Hardware (footwear, climbing equipment)
- Snowsports Clothing
- Outdoor Clothing
- Accessories (gloves, hats, goggles, gadgets and technology, everything that does not fall into the categories above)
- Fresh Brand – this category is open only to new brands or first time exhibitors at the show
- Eco Award – for products that have strong, novel environmentally friendly credentials. The participating product will be judged on its own merit and its own value chain. Separate brand activities (although highly valued) will not be taken into account. The product will be judged on Protect Our Winters UK’s interpretation of its climate & environmental impact from materials to manufacture, with strong weighting of innovation – we want to see progress.
- Choice of materials
- Environmental Friendliness
- Commercial Viability
Conditions of entry
All entries must:
- Be showing at Slide & OTS Winter 2024 and be launched into retail for winter 2024/2025.
- Be entered on this entry form. VAT invoices will be issued by return, with payment due in advance of the show.
- Be submitted by Friday 15th December 2023.
- Have a sample available for display for the duration of the show on the Awards display. Samples must either be sent to MCS office (Moss Nook House, 6-8 Trenchard Drive, Manchester, M22 5NA) by Tuesday 19th December OR supplied to the Organiser’s Office at Slide & OTS Winter by 10am on Monday 8th January.
- Exhibitors are allowed a maximum of two entries per brand.
- Send an image of each product entered to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: The number of entries may be limited so the Organisers reserve the right to make a pre-selection.
SIGB and OIA member retailers and a selection of media and industry opinion-leaders will judge entries on the opening day of the show (Tuesday 9th January) and on the second day (Wednesday 10th January) until midday with Awards presented at the SIGB AGM on Wednesday evening, with the exception of the Eco Award. The Eco entries will be evaluated and the winner selected by POW UK.
Closing date for entries is EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY 15TH DECEMBER!